I have been wanting to start writing my family history but didn't want it to read like the heading of Genesis 25; Abraham marries,has seed, dies and is buried in a cave. Or like Genesis chapter 6; Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations.(The idea being "Cindy" is interchangeable with Noah) And the world was filled with wickedness.....Noah built an ark....." Where did all the poop go? Can you imagine the stench. I cant stand a litter box after a couple of days even if it does have baking soda "for a clean fresh scent".
So I decided to write stories. We sit around at family gatherings and tell them and so many are really funny. My family, in-laws included, have provided pages and pages of story material - so why not?
For now I'm not going to worry about the time line. I'm just going to write as I think of them. I decided to take it out of my notebook and put it into a blog so that my family could see it in progress and help clear up some of the fuzzier details, or tell me that my memory is failing and I made it all up. Either way it seems like a much more enjoyable way to take on what has always felt like a daunting task, best suited for the old with nothing else to do, (shut up Georgie, I know what you were thinking.)
Then some day, I will get it put into a book for future generations to read and laugh at. Hopefully these stories will let my posterity know alittle about me and my life.
Happy reading
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment